The OMB, Vendor Registry Office works directly with North Dakota state agencies to set up a payee profile (Supplier ID) so an agency can issue and report payments.  Vendor Registry does not issue payments. Payment recipients (payees) must work directly with the agency’s program administrators to request a Supplier ID and receive payment. 

Payee Recipients Start Here

Step 1: A ND State agency has approved to issue you a payment and confirmed that approval directly with you.  If you do not have instructions to apply for a payment profile (Supplier ID), contact the agency issuing the payment for your next step.  The issuing agency is who you are conducting business with, and where you learned of the payment you are approved to receive. Vendor Registry cannot help with supplier account or payment questions as we do not issue payments.

Step 2: The issuing agency must obtain an IRS form (W-9 or W-8) and submit the paperwork to the Vendor Registry Office. The procedure for obtaining this paperwork may be through a paper form that is sent to their office and forwarded to Vendor Registry or through the online application found within the ND Payee Portal. A payee recipient must use the procedure created by the agency.

ND Payee Portal

The ND Payee Portal may be used by payment recipients, both businesses and individuals, approved to receive payment.  The online application offers a method to collect required IRS W-9 or W-8 forms, address, and payment details.  Once a supplier ID account has been created, the portal offers a sign in option for allowed users to keep their payee profile current with address, contact, and banking changes.

Payee Application

  • Continue only if a North Dakota state agency has confirmed you are approved for a payment. See "Step 1" for explanation.
  • Follow the referring agency's instructions on which application form to use for proper steps.

ND Payee Portal


Quick Help Guide (1 MB pdf) 

Help FAQ
  • I’ve got an approved Supplier ID, what is my next step?
    • Contact the agency issuing your payment to get your next step.
  • I’ve got an approved Supplier ID, when will I receive my payment?
    • State agencies administer their own payment processes and timelines. Contact the agency issuing your payment for questions.
  • How do I find my Company Identification Number?
    • Sign In to your account profile and click the ‘My Profile’ tile. Your Company Identification Number will be visible under the ‘Identifying Information’ tab.
  • My next step is to create an account or login to another system with my Supplier ID but the system isn’t taking my information.
    • OMB is not familiar with other agency systems or programs and is unable to assist you.  Contact the agency issuing your payment.
  • I forgot to enter my ‘Special Program Code’ in my application.
    • Sign In to your account profile. Click the ‘Initiate Change Request’ tile. Under the ‘Identifying Information’ section find the “Special Program Code." Enter the program code, if needed.
  • How do I find out if I have a Supplier ID?
    • Contact the agency issuing payment and they will look this up for you.

Profile Updates

  • Sign In to ND Payee Portal to update payee profile with address, contact or banking changes.
  • Changes in legal name, business name, or taxpayer identification number (TIN) cannot be done through the ND Payee Portal. Submit a new application. See “Step 1” for explanation.

ND Payee Portal

Forgot Sign In


A new W-9 or W-8 is needed to update or activate your supplier id. Send the proper form to the agency issuing your payment.


Help Guide (1 MB pdf)

Help FAQ
  • How do I activate my existing Supplier ID?
    • Contact the agency issuing payment for the agency’s procedure.
  • I need to change or add bank information and have a user id.
    • Use the ND Payee Portal and Sign In. Click “Initiate Change Request” tile. Click “Payment” tab.  You will have to confirm existing bank account details.
  • I need to change or add bank information and can’t do it online.
    • Contact the fiscal department of the agency issuing your payment.
  • I don’t know my user id or password.
  • I requested my ND Payee Portal Sign In but the user id and/or password in the email isn’t working.


Domestic (US) Forms
Foreign Forms

IRS has different W-8 forms to certify foreign status. Select the proper form for your situation or visit the IRS.GOV website for further instructions. 

  • IRS Form W-8BEN is used by a foreign person outside of the US without a US taxpayer ID. 
  • IRS Form W-8BEN-E is used by a foreign entity outside of the US.
  • IRS Form W-8ECI is used by a foreign person with a US taxpayer ID claim of income connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the US.
  • IRS Form W-8EXP is used by a foreign government or organization for US tax withholding.
  • IRS Form W-8IMY is used by a foreign intermediary, foreign flow-through entity, or certain US branches for US tax withholding.
1099 Information and Disclaimer

The State of North Dakota must report to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) reportable recipient payments. State agencies are responsible for collecting necessary paperwork from their payee recipients for this reporting.

All 1099 payments and questions should be addressed to the agency that made the payment. The paying agency name is found on your received 1099 form.

The policies and procedures established and used by Vendor Registry for 1099 reporting adhere to OMB Fiscal Policy 110 - Form 1099 ComplianceView IRS Backup Withholding Requirement.

1099 Information Disclaimer

To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

This web site may contain links to other locations. These links should be considered referrals only and should not be taken as an endorsement.

State Agency Help