Bidders List Registration
Vendors may register for the Bidders List to receive notice of bidding opportunities. The Bidders List is used by executive branch agencies and institutions when issuing solicitations. Bidders may be required to register prior to submitting a response or being awarded a contract. Check the Bidder Services Main Menu to see if your company on the Bidders List.
Contact the Vendor Registry Help Desk or 701.328.2773 for assistance. Here is a printable PDF of the registration process.
Step 1: Secretary of State Registration
Most businesses must be registered and in good standing with the Secretary of State prior to completing the Bidders List registration. Secretary of State registration and reporting requirements vary by business type. Sole Proprietors and General Partnerships doing business in their full personal names only, are not required to register.
Visit the Secretary of State website, Vendor Registration, for registration requirements, forms, instructions, and fees. Visit the Secretary of State website for a link to the FirstStop online registration system and tutorials.
- Check the Business Records database to see if a business is registered.
- Contact Secretary of State's office or 701.328.2904 for assistance.
- If you need to register, fees apply.
- Vendors may need to obtain businesses licenses. See the list of licenses required of businesses in the state of North Dakota. The link includes information on who to contact, application fees, renewal dates and the legal reference.
Step 2: Bidders List Registration
After completing Secretary of Registration requirements, vendors must complete the online Bidders List application process.
Vendors must select commodity codes for goods and services they sell.
- Click Register as a Bidder to submit an online bidder list application.
Placement on the Bidders List does not guarantee vendors will receive notice of all state solicitations.
Step 3: Online Bidder Maintenance
Vendors must keep their Bidders List profile current to continue receiving solicitation notices. Vendors may login to the Portal to review and update their contact information and update commodity codes for goods and services they sell.