Bidders List Registration
Vendors may register for the Bidders List to receive notice of bidding opportunities. The Bidders List is used by executive branch agencies and institutions when issuing solicitations. Bidders may be required to register prior to submitting a response or being awarded a contract. Check the Bidders List to see if your company is listed.
Contact the Vendor Registry Help Desk for assistance with Bidders List Registration. Most items are responded to within one business day. If no response is received within two business days, please email again. Here is a printable PDF of the registration process.
Step 1: Secretary of State Registration
Most businesses must be registered and in good standing with the Secretary of State prior to completing the Bidders List registration. Secretary of State registration and reporting requirements vary by business type. Sole Proprietors and General Partnerships doing business in their full personal names only, are not required to register.
Visit the Secretary of State's Vendor Registration webpage for information on registration requirements and fees. Visit FirstStop, the Secretary of State's business and licensing software, for online form options.
- Check the Business Records database to see if a business is registered.
- Contact Secretary of State's office or 701.328.2900 (choose menu item 2, then option 1).
- If you need to register, fees apply.
- Vendors may need to obtain businesses licenses. See the list of licenses required of businesses in the state of North Dakota. The link includes information on who to contact, application fees, renewal dates and the legal reference.
Step 2: Bidders List Registration
After completing Secretary of Registration requirements, vendors must complete the online Bidders List application process.
Vendors must select commodity codes for goods and services they sell.
- Click Register as a Bidder to submit an online bidder list application.
Placement on the Bidders List does not guarantee vendors will receive notice of all state solicitations. Contact the Vendor Registry Help Desk for assistance with Bidders List Registration. Most items are responded to within one business day. If no response is received within two business days, please email again.
Step 3: Online Bidder Maintenance
Vendors must keep their Bidders List profile current to continue receiving solicitation notices. Vendors may login to the Portal to review and update their contact information and update commodity codes for goods and services they sell.
- Sign In to maintain bidder profile.
- If your organization does not have an existing USER ID for on-line maintenance of your bidder profile, you may request one.